So. Don't ask me why. But i finally reached this wintry mood. Here in Germany we are heading towards the season called winter, which implies snow, cold, freezing flakes, gluehwein, cookies, candles, family memories. In other parts of this world winter may not look like that, but I guess people know "the wintry mood" as well, however, in their own special way.
So I called my sister yesterday and I told her that I had baked marcipane muffins. Her replies was: "You are able to do sth like that?!"-"Heck, yes!", was my answer, however, I assured that I had shuffled them into my oven without having had consulted a well-approved recipe book or sth similar. I had just mixed some ingredients that had seemed reasonable to me and the muffins came out pretty yummi :) They taste pretty wintry and christmassy.
So I just had to go and rent this movie, Narnia I, tonight. Don't ask me why. But I guess it has sth to do with this wintry mood of a couple of yrs ago. That night when we all went out ice-skating in NYC, - skating under a bright shiny moon among all kinds of NY-ers.. among that excitement and joy and laughter that we shared... and after that we went to see that movie - at Times Square. It so touched my heart and since then has always reminded me of sweet, good ol' wintry times :)
So. Although I am a summer girl at heart, apparently, winter has some valuable moments as well :) It may help you understand that there is always hope, there is always some sweetness of the moment, there is always sth to look forward to after the cold, there is always sth that is worth looking at from the perspective of the eternal.
2007-11-18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment